Energy bars is a great survival food for your BOB and survival kits. There are easy to carry and are perfect to boost your energy when you need it.
Here is a very simple recipe for a whole grain energy bar you can do quickly.
And it’s delicious!
Cooking is a wonderful activity to do with your children. They enjoy making things by themselves and they are learning at the same time.
• 9 cups oats
• 1/2 cup honey
• 1/3 cup maple syrup
• 2 cups sugar (I prefer raw cane sugar)
• 2 cups butter
• 1/2 cup peanuts
• 4 cups chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. In a large bowl stir all the ingredients together.
3. Press 1/2- inch thick onto a 9×18-inch cookie sheet.
4. Bake at 250 for about 15 minutes, until the mixture is bubbly,
5. Remove from oven and let cool (this is very important, it will become very crumbly if not allowed to cool completely)
6. Cut into small pieces and enjoy.
You can also add peanuts, almonds, cinnamon,… Whatever you want if it tastes good for you!